I do think that popular can be beneficial in the classroom because technology is going to continue to advance and our children need to know how to deal with it and handle it. I watched a YouTube clip to educate myself a little more about this and the lady in the clip gave a very good example when using popular culture in the classroom such as teaching music and relating it to where you are located. One teacher taught outside the city of Detroit who said she would teach more hip hop music and that style of music and the other teacher taught in a more rural area who would teach more country and being able to relate to her students that way. Using movie clips that can relate to your students depending on what you’re trying to get across whether it’s a movie to portray government or sociology or science can be very helpful. There are a lot of movies or even you tube clips that will help kids now days learn better and maybe a little eaiser for kids that are visual learners. It might be able to help kids think outside the box a little more. I’ve had about 3 or 4 teachers in the three years that I’ve been at Yavapai college show video’s and that has helped tremendously and with technology advancing so much now days I think that is how the students are going to be able to learn eaiser later on down the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment